The Global Call for Climate Action’s TckTckTck Campaign is the world’s most diverse alliance of nonprofit organizations working to mobilize civil society and galvanize public opinion in support of climate action.
Our partners, 400 and growing, come from a broad spectrum of civil society, including national and international NGO’s working to protect the environment and to fight poverty. These partners include, among others, WWF, Greenpeace, Oxfam, Amnesty International, the Red Cross, Christian Aid, World Council of Churches, 350.org, Avaaz, E3G, Global Call to Action against Poverty, the Boy Scouts and the YMCA.
Faith-based charities, labor unions, environmental and humanitarian organizations, civic leaders, and individuals from across the world have joined together in a call for climate action. Becoming a Partner of the GCCA is simple. We are a non-partisan organization, and though our partner organizations are diverse, all have expressed agreement with the GCCA Official Campaign Asks (PDF) and joined us in calling for a FAB (Fair, Ambitious & Binding) international climate agreement:
- Reduce developed country emissions by at least 40% by 2020 from 1990 levels
- Enable and support poor countries to adapt to the worst consequences of the climate change crisis, reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and ensure technology sharing including the provision of sufficient public funds
- Protect marginalized communities in rich and poor countries
- Create a pathway to clean jobs and clean energy for all
- Ensure that global greenhouse gas emissions peak no later than 2015 and then decline steeply on a pathway to ensure concentrations return to less than 350 parts per million (ppm) in the atmosphere
- Individual country targets and development plans must align with the goal of returning to less than 1.5 degrees of global temperature warming
- Agree to a legally binding international climate change agreement that can be verified and enforced
GCCA Partners are working to create the rapid transformational change needed to avert catastrophic climate change through national and international policies, corporate commitments and individual actions. Our alliance brings together national and international organizations from a broad spectrum of civil society, representing millions of citizens who are concerned about climate change and who recognize a need for genuine leadership and meaningful action.