Working for the GCCA
The Global Call for Climate Action was founded in 2008 as a not for profit registered in Quebec, Canada.TckTckTck represents an unprecedented network of more than 400 nonprofit organizations led by GCCA. Our shared mission is:
The Global Call for Climate Action harnesses the respective strengths of hundreds of faith, development, environment, youth, labour and other civil society organizations to achieve a world safe from runaway climate change.
The GCCA connects organizations from across the globe to build their individual and collective capacity to communicate the urgency of climate change, campaign on the solutions before us and to mobilize the pubic in support of strong, equitable government action at the national and international levels.
The staff of GCCA work from hub or home offices all around the globe. We connect virtually through email, skype, conference call, twitter, yammer and of course phone.GCCA is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, genders, and ethnicity. If you have a passion for steering the world away from climate catastrophe you are the right applicant!
Interns & Volunteers
GCCA utilizes the skills and energy of volunteers and interns in our work predominately in social media and web support. If you have some unique skills that you would like to hone, please drop us a line with your CV. We will also post any available volunteer or intern positions as they become available.
Global Call for Climate Action / TckTckTck – UK Internship
The Global Call for Climate action (GCCA), is a global not for profit network of over 450 organisations with a shared mission to harness the strengths of faith, development, environment, youth, labour and other civil society organisations to achieve a world safe from runaway climate change.
Founded in 2008 and registered in Quebec, Canada, the GCCA has staff in hubs around the world, working on climate and energy communications projects. We are currently looking for energetic interns with a strong interest in environmental justice, media, and science/political communications.
During the internship, you’ll work directly with the GCCA’s staff person in the UK and with an international team of highly skilled editors, communications specialists and political strategists, learning how to research and critically analyse news stories, develop and implement strategic communications, work with key voices and stakeholders across nonprofit organisations, business and government, and how to work with a disparate team across timezones.
Key duties will include:
• Writing news re-post and blogs for the TckTckTck website.
• Aid daily operations of the GCCA’s strategic communications project, the Tree, pulling together relevant resources and media content for the project’s output, keeping the project’s website regularly updated, and writing briefings on key climate and energy issues.
• Undertaking outreach research and helping us to grow the network.
• Attending team calls via Skype and Google Hangout, and relevant climate and energy events in London.
• Work Type: Voluntary, food and travel expenses covered
• Location: Brixton, London (working remotely from within London possible)
• Duration: On-going
• Two to four days per week, days and hours negotiable depending on availability
Applications close: 15 August
Please email email@example.com with CVs or if you would like any more information.