Climate change experts will brief regionally based reporters on latest climate science, current status of the UNFCCC talks and role of Governments in the region.
On Tuesday, 20 November, six days prior to the start of the 18th session of the Conference of the Parties (COP) to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), international and Arab region climate change experts will hold a briefing for reporters from the Middle East and North Africa.
The briefing is designed to assist journalists in the region by informing them about key issues affecting the international climate change negotiations ahead of the start of the talks in Doha, Qatar on 26 November.
The briefing will include;
- Discussion of the latest climate science and its relevance to the negotiations;
- An overview of the current status of the climate talks, key issues under debate and relevant political dynamics and;
- An overview of the roles played by Governments from the Middle East and North Africa in the coming talks, including this year’s host, Qatar.
- Dr. h.c. Bill Hare, CEO, Managing Director and Senior Scientist, Climate Analytics.
- Jennifer Morgan, Director, Climate and Energy Program, World Resources Institute.
- Wael Hmaidan, Director, Climate Action Network International and former Executive Director, IndyACT.
- Kelly Rigg, Executive Director, Global Campaign for Climate Action (moderator).
What: Pre-Doha international climate negotiations briefing for journalists in the Middle East and North Africa.
Where: Please see here for dial-in details listed by country. If your country is NOT listed, please RSVP with your phone number and the operator will call you 10-15 minutes prior to the start time. Or, you may call the international toll number, which is +1-719-325-4867.
If your country is NOT listed, please RSVP with your phone number and the operator will call you 10-15 minutes prior to the start time. Or, you may call the international toll number, which is +1-719-325-4867.
Participate Code: 1296411 OR tell the operator you would like to join the “Preparing for the UN Climate Change Talks” teleconference.
When: Tuesday, 20 November, 11:30GMT/12:30CET/14:30 Doha.
RSVP: If possible, please RSVP to Jonathan Rich, Senior Communications Advisor, GCCA at email@example.com or +1-347-262-9115. If your country is NOT listed on the toll-free dial-in sheet, please include your phone number when you RSVP, and the operator will call you 10-15 minutes prior to start time.
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.
About the AuthorJoshua Wiese is a project director at the Global Campaign for Climate Action. He runs the Adopt a Negotiator project and publishes our weekly Fresh Air Brief
View Author Profile