About the contest:
Join the TckTckTck team at the Rio +20 Earth Summit this June and be part of an event that could, if successful, chart a course to a sustainable future. TckTckTck is looking for a climate-smart blogger or videographer to be part of our on-the-ground team in Rio; to help us share stories and keep climate change and renewable energy on the agendas of world leaders.
The Rio +20 organizers say ‘The future is yours.” We say make it count! Fill out the Rio Prize entry form to get started.
What you win:
- Accreditation to the UN conference with TckTckTck
- Coach class air travel between a major airport near the winner’s residence and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil from approximately 12 June 2012 to 23 June 2012
- Accommodation at the TckTckTck team hotel for approximately 10 nights
- Spending money to cover daily expenses, up to $50 per day, up to $500 total
Should I enter?
You should apply for the Rio +20 Blogger Prize if you meet the following criteria:
- You have reached the age of majority in your country (void where prohibited or restricted by law).
- You have an active Twitter account.
- You have a keen interest in climate change and sustainable energy (ideally you’re already writing about these topics).
- You write or speak in a clear, creative and engaging style.
- You are fluent in English. (Apologies multi-lingual bloggers, but we only have the capacity to manage English entries).
How to enter:
- Fill out the entry form with your contact information, and you’ll receive email instructions for confirming your registration and submitting a post to the contest.
- Your blog or video should pertain to the Rio Summit or one of our core campaign issues or climate solutions. You’re welcome to repurpose an old blog. Just make sure it’s your best stuff, and the link is permanently accessible on the web. Also include a link-back to the Tck website and/or a Tck logo to help identify it as an official entry. Feel free to use these media assets for your post [1, 2, 3, 4].
- Submit your link on the Tck Facebook page before Friday, 30 MARCH 2012 at 11:59 p.m. UST. Alternatively (if you don’t have a Facebook page) you can email your link to rioprize [at] tcktcktck [dot] org.
- On 9 APRIL, 2012 we will announce the finalists for the Rio+20 Blogger Prize as selected by a panel of Tck partners, allies and staff. Successful entrants will be notified via Email, Twitter & Facebook.
- Finalists will be asked to submit an original work, 500 word count (or max 3 minute video) on a topic TBD related to Rio+20 and the Earth Summit no later than 16 APRIL, 2012. The blogs will be posted on TckTckTck.org no later than 9am UST 17 April 2012.
- Finalists will be encouraged to use their social networks to drive traffic to their entries and facilitate discussion during the during the period 17 APRIL, 2012 through 21 APRIL, 2012.
- A jury of notable bloggers, NGO leaders, and environmental experts will select the winning blog or video based on its editorial quality (50%), traffic generation (25%) and quality of discussion (25%). The winner will be notified on 22 APRIL, 2012 by 11:59pm UST via email, Twitter and/or Facebook. Two runners-up will be selected in the event the winner cannot make the trip.
For more information and contest details please read the full Rules & Regulations.
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.
About the AuthorTckTckTck is the online hub for the Global Call for Climate Action. The GCCA represents an unprecedented alliance of more than 400 nonprofit organizations from around the world. Our shared mission is to mobilize civil society and galvanize public support to ensure a safe climate future for people and nature, to promote the low-carbon transition of our economies, and to accelerate the adaptation efforts in communities already affected by climate change.
View Author Profile